Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Overall Thoughts on RAW 02/12/14

I might do this weekly just to give my thoughts on the episode, I’m not sure whether to do it in bullet points or just ramble so I guess I’ll just see how it goes. One thing I’d like to point out is that I’ll probably only talk about things actually worth talking about, if I don’t mention something it’s probably because I either didn’t care about it, or I’ve forgotten that it happened which is basically the same thing isn’t it? I’ll probably leave the article with a rating out of 10 each week as well, that’d be cool.

First of all, we’ll start at the top of the show, the opening segment saw that at TLC there would be a Seth Rollins V John Cena tables match at TLC. Until this was announced the opening segment was quite dull and annoying with the anonymous GM role (to be fair they probably want you to feel that way). Anyway, the stipulation was added that if Cena loses then he isn’t the number 1 contender anymore. At this point in RAW I was like, THANK GOD and thought it looked up from there. Sadly, I was mistaken. However, this stipulation is a really good one because that means we don’t need to sit through ANOTHER Cena and Lesnar match (that coming from someone who skipped NoC because of college exams). So, anyway, I’m hoping that this leads to Orton against Brock or just pushing someone from the mid card just to get the star power by association (I doubt it will be him but maybe Cesaro). Perhaps, just someone who can have a good match with Lesnar at the Rumble and who will gain something from being beat by him.

Secondly, The Uso’s were made number 1 contenders for the Tag Team Championships against Miz and Mizdow. At first I was thinking here we go again but then I thought about it properly and thought, what if The Uso’s go on to win the belts at TLC which will set off 2 different opportunities for WWE.
1. Losing the match will mean that Miz and Mizdow will be able to star their feud and they can start to build Sandow as a big face for WrestleMania.
2. The way I see it, The Uso’s winning will mean that there will be a Face Tag Team as the champions. This means that at Rumble or whatever, WWE will most likely debut The Ascension  against The Uso’s and that way they can get The Ascension over as a big time Heel Tag Team.

Thirdly, I noticed that WWE are still showing signs of disgruntlement between Brie and Nikki Bella which makes me think that eventually, they might pull the trigger on Brie to have her beat Nikki for the Divas belt. Maybe dream booking here, but I’m hoping that Daniel Bryan will be back for the Royal Rumble and to win it, as he should have last year and then go on to win the belt at Mania. Meanwhile, I’d like to think that they would do a similar thing with Brie and have them end up having that moment in the ring similar to Eddie and Benoit at WM 20.

Another thing I liked last night was the Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose confrontation albeit slightly confusing. Who is this Jacob Bray was talking about? Probably just the usual anonymity which Bray talks about. That wasn't a criticism of Bray as such, maybe a slight critique of the creative. Anyway, the match looks like it’s going to be a good one and definitely worth the watch.

From what I saw of the main event, it was good but I’m not going to lie on my own blog, I fell asleep during it. Not because it was boring or anything but because I’d had 6 hours sleep and I live in the UK so at this point it was half 3 in the morning.

Anyway, this RAW seemed to be quite dull for the most part, it was definitely one of them episodes of RAW which if you didn’t watch then it’s not worth watching and you won’t miss anything really. 


Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment