Saturday, 28 March 2015

WrestleMania 31 Predictions.

Before I get into it I should say that I haven’t been as hooked on wrestling in the last couple of months because of my university timetable so I haven’t seen every RAW properly but I know the basis of the stories and I’m so hyped for it so let’s get into it.

Disclaimer: The hype I have for WrestleMania means that all of the matches on this card I am looking forward to so if you are looking for negativity, go somewhere else.



Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
My predictions for this match are only that I think Sheamus will probably win and that Mizdow will finally turn on the Miz. If for some reason Sheamus isn’t in the Battle Royal then I’ll go with Ryback but that’s just more of a wish than anything else because who doesn’t love the big guy. Last years was good so I have no reason to think this years will be any different. Oh, I also think that they’ll be some kind of spot between Big Show and Kane maybe signalling a turn on each other.

Tag Team Championship - Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (c) v The Usos v Los Matadores v The New Day
This will be on the pre-show and should be a great fast paced match to warm up the crowd. I haven’t seen much of the buildup for this match specifically but I can’t see Matadores or New Day getting the belts and because the Usos have had them so many times already I think Cesaro and Kidd will keep them for longer. At least, that’s what I’m hoping because I think they’re one of the most entertaining tag teams that we’ve seen since Rollins and Reigns. I can only see one decision and that’s Cesaro and Kidd retaining the title. 

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - Daniel Bryan.
I’m not going to list the competitors because if you’re here then you’ll already know and life is too short. For me, I think that Daniel Bryan will take the belt and have a long run with it. If for no other reason than that Bryan isn’t in the main title match which will be later in the card so I figure they’ll put him over here so that none of the absolute dicks who chant Daniel Bryan constantly will ruin the main event. I think this has the potential to steal the night with the high spots with Dolph Ziggler bumping around and I imagine that Ambrose will do something unique. This is one of the matches I’m looking forward to most and it’s pretty much guaranteed to be a match to remember. 

AJ Lee & Paige v Nikki & Brie Bella
WrestleMania is usually the night that the faces win and because this isn’t a divas championship match I think that AJ and Paige will take the win (probably by pinning Brie). If given time I think this could be an entertaining match. Nikki, Paige and AJ are by far the best 3 divas on the roster (character and wrestling ability included) so I have no reason to think that this will be the toilet break section of the show but hey, if you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go.

United States Championship - Rusev (c) v John Cena
So I’d be so totally be saying right now that Cena will go over Rusev because of what happened at Fast Lane BUT with the US belt on the line I can’t see WWE putting it on Cena so maybe Rusev will beat Cena again or something. I think the good thing about this match will be that it’s pretty hard to predict what will happen because you’d like to hope that WWE would learn from their mistakes after what happened with Bray last year. However, saying that, I’m still going to predict Cena because I want to get as many right as possible and you can never count Cena out. Cena it is.

Seth Rollins v Randy Orton
This could be my shout for match of the night. I think they’ll be getting ready to put the belt on Seth and WWE seem to be really behind him so I think that he’ll beat Orton to make him look strong. Also, at this point, Orton losing really doesn’t effect him and it’s not like he’s going to become like Jericho where he just puts people over and a heel has to win at some point in the night so I’m picking Seth. For an extra prediction I’m thinking that he’ll cash-in either at Mania or the night after. The technical ability of both of these guys makes a combination and we’ve seen this match when Rollins was in the Shield I think they had a few good matches on Smackdown (maybe not but I think they did). Anyway, Rollins is my pick.

The Undertaker v Bray Wyatt
Claiming this to be the spectacle of the night (or at least for me). The Undertaker is probably one of, if not my favourite wrestler of all time and Bray is one of my current full time roster wrestlers so the hype I have for this match is amazing. I think just seeing the entrances of these two guys one after another will be amazing and then the stare down. I don’t think this will steal the show like Taker’s matches had leading up to WM30 but I think it’ll be riveting to see such larger than life characters face off. Another thing that makes this match so interesting is that Taker without his win streak will balance the expectation of this match so this one could literally go either way. Another thing I’ve read recently is that next years WM will be Takers last and it will be a retirement match so because of them rumours I’m contemplating picking him to win this year and lose next. However, there is no guarantee that Taker will wrestle next year and they could use Taker losing 2 years in a row as the reason for him to officially retire and then induct him in the HOF next year. Because of this I’m going to pick Bray to win. This should be an amazing match and a one to remember.

Sting v Triple H
Another great spectacle of the night will be seeing these two square off and I think seeing Sting at a WrestleMania. This might not be the best technical match we’ll see but the hype of the crowd will be so loud that it won’t even matter. I’m thinking it’ll be similar to The Rock and Hogan at WM18 (still one of my favourite matches ever) but without the crowd and the characters that are in the match it would have been terrible. I’m putting the same type of match on this one and that isn’t a criticism by any stretch. If anything it might be better than we might think, Sting looks to be in better shape than he’s looked for a good decade and HHH knows how to work. Damn, I’m so excited. Because it’s his first match in WWE, I’m picking Sting to go over and win this match.

Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar
Despite the hate for Roman Reigns I think he’s improved dramatically over the last few months from what I’ve seen and I think this match will be great. This is what wrestling is about. 2 big guys just knocking the shit out of each other for 30 minutes. I think this will be better than what everyone thinks and I think Reigns will surprise a lot of people. That being said, with the recent news of Lesnar staying with WWE, they might want to keep the title on him and Seth cash-in on him either after or somewhere down the line after a match so that Brock is still beaten down. Either way this makes for an interesting match again because you can’t call it one way or the other. I’m going to go for what I believe is the safer bet in Reigns.





No comments:

Post a Comment